As a front line healthcare worker, I take the safety of my clients and my responsibility to keep them safe very seriously.
I commit to doing everything I’m able to minimize risk of COVID-19 spread.
Here are some of the ways I am working to be proactive against the spread of COVID-19 within my Recreation Therapy practice:
- Getting vaccinated. I am vaccinated against COVID-19 through the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine as of December 2020
- Getting tested for COVID-19 consistently every 7 days
- Wearing a well-fitting, double layered face mask 100% of my time spent with clients, including outdoors
- Wearing a face shield while working with clients in long-term care/retirement/hospital settings, as required
- Wearing a face mask in all public settings, as well as outdoors when physical distancing is difficult
- Facilitating open communication to establish safety needs and comfort levels for all new clients and their loved ones
- Washing my hands constantly and sanitizing my recreation therapy equipment after each use
- Physical and social distancing as much as possible
- Keeping abreast of the rapidly changing COVID-19 provincial guidelines and restrictions, and planning my sessions with them in mind
If you have any questions about how I’m working to keep my clients safe in the time of COVID-19, please feel free to reach out to me through the Contact page!