As a front line healthcare worker, I take the safety of my clients and my responsibility to keep them safe very seriously.
I commit to doing everything I’m able to minimize risk of COVID-19 spread.
Here are some of the ways I am working to be proactive against the spread of COVID-19 within my Recreation Therapy practice:
- Getting vaccinated. I am vaccinated against COVID-19 through the Pfizer BioNTech vaccine with both doses as of January 2021, plus as third Booster dose as of November, 2021
- Getting rapid tested for COVID-19 weekly
- Wearing a well-fitting face mask during time spent with clients
- Facilitating open communication to establish safety needs and comfort levels for all new clients and their loved ones
- Washing my hands constantly and sanitizing my recreation therapy equipment after each use
- Physical and social distancing as much as possible
- Keeping abreast of the rapidly changing COVID-19 provincial guidelines and restrictions, and planning my sessions with them in mind
If you have any questions about how I’m working to keep my clients safe in the time of COVID-19, please feel free to reach out to me through the Contact page!